The traditional way of working is plaster moldings and ceilings storied shelves. A more simple and in line with contemporary taste are the wall frieze of simple forms. The frieze of shells built into the wall with the finish and color granular glaze.
This project may be the solutions for decorating bathrooms which are not
strictly functional. The want something key to this project is in the nuance of color using glazes, which enhances the quality textured wall. The distance between the shells depends on its size: the bigger they are the separation should be between them.
A great ornament for decorating bathrooms
1) These molds are small tray of cocktail that can be bought from specialist tablecloths and paper and plastic tableware. To prevent sticking plaster decoration in our bathrooms, you should smear the inside with Vaseline cream.
2) To mix the plaster, you can use a plastic water bottle, cut in half. About half a liter of water and enough plaster supernatant on the surface. With this amount can be fill four or five casts.
3) The parts can be removed from the mold when it is gone the water film left on the plaster to set (after about 15 minutes). When the plaster is completely dry, recorded a few notch in the side to be glued with scissors or the tip of a screwdriver.
4) After deciding the layout of the shell wall and marked in pencil the outline of each of them extends queue tiles with a notched trowel. Then, wait a few minutes until the glue has hardened slightly.
5) To paste the shell should be pressed against the glued area with rotating movements, so that the glue penetrates into the notches and adhere well. After two or three hours, the glue will be dry and proceed to seal the side seams with caulk, paving the lumps with your finger.
6) With all the shells firmly glued and sealed, you begin to prepare the textured latex pouring a bucket of crushed marble or washed river sand. Grains should not be too thin to prevent the formation of a paste. Sand should be mixed thoroughly and latex until no loose grains.
The amount of glue should be sufficient to the entire face of the shell, but not exceed the limits outlined in pencil. If this happens, you can remove any excess glue with your finger.
7) By extending the texture, sand accumulations can be avoided by scrubbing with a brush in all directions. It is normal that doing so may release some grains that were not bound, but if the latex trickles down, it will signal that has not mixed well or not enough sand.
A thick paint will spoil the texture effect. When painting with a rather dilute color are achieved areas of varying intensity, uneven finish to match the grainy texture of the wall.
8) The first color is a mix of matte acrylic paint rather dissolved in water, a few drops of blue dye and a drop of black dye. Color consistency should be a slight creaminess.
The second is a gray color, due to the mixture of diluted acrylic paint and a few drops of black. With the previous color a picture slightly transparent.
9) You can extend the gray when the blue is still a little wet to get interesting mixing effects and transparency. If at any gray area covers too, can be lowered going over with a brush dipped in water.
10) The final touch to the decoration of bathrooms is to reveal the white of the plaster with a soft past grit paper thin on the embossed shells, creating an effect of aging in line with the overall finish.
Follow these steps and you will see that with a little ingenuity and fun managed to make a decoration of baths like a pro.